An initiative launched by the universities of Basel, Lugano, St. Gallen, and Zurich that aims at improving the education of our PhD students
From fall 2021, you will have the opportunity to attend high quality PhD courses via the new Swiss Network of PhD Courses in Economics and Finance.
The network enables a low-threshold exchange of PhD students in their respective PhD courses. The aim is to broaden the range of courses for PhD students, to bundle resources, and to enrich the exchange in courses by larger numbers of students who come from different backgrounds. It also enables PhD students to strengthen their network with peers and senior researchers from Switzerland and abroad.
Please find a preliminary list of courses at https://bit.ly/3jGVpRL (continuously updated).
Based on current projections, you can expect that the costs of one to two courses can be covered by the GSBE, i.e. possible course fees, travel expenses, accommodation. Actual availability will depend on take up of this offer, as well as the university’s overall budget for the GSBE.
- Make sure to discuss your course program with your supervisor.
- Apply for funding at email@example.com before attending a course.
- Courses with strong overlap with the contents of a course offered by the GSBE in Basel can be attended, but no funding can be expected.
- Enrollment, administration, grading is up to the respective university / course.
- Final decision on crediting ECTS is up to the home institution, i.e. the GSBE (head of the doctoral board, Prof. Kleiber)
We hope you will take advantage of this great opportunity and are looking forward to your requests.
Prof. Dr. Conny Wunsch, Head of the program committee of the GSBE
Yvonne Mery, Program Coordinator GSBE