Büro / Office 5.57
I am a research associate at the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
Fields of interest
Primary: Public economics
Secondary: Applied microeconomics, empirical methods
- “The Protestant Fiscal Ethic: Religious Confession and Euro Skepticism in Germany," 2017, with Adrian Chadi, Economic Inquiry, 55(4), 1813-1832.
- “Parenthood and Productivity of Highly Skilled Labor: Evidence from the Groves of Academe," 2017, with Heinrich W. Ursprung and Christian Zimmermann, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 140, 147-175.
- “Age and Complementarity in Scientfic Collaboration," 2015, Empirical Economics, 49(2), 751-781.
- “Price Dynamics in the Belarusian Black Market for Foreign Exchange," 2014, with Hannes Huett and Selver Derya Uysal, Journal of International Economics, 94(1), 169-176.
- “How Nobel Laureates Would Perform in the Handelsblatt Ranking," 2012, with Jörg Schläpfer, Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, 12(3), 47-56.
- “How Do Editors Select Papers, and How Good are They at Doing It?" 2011, with Robert Hofmeister, The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy (Topics), 11(1), Article 64.
- “Research evaluation and journal quality weights: Much ado about nothing," 2011, Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft, 81(1), 5-27.
Current Working Papers
- “The Joint Distribution of Wealth and Income Risk: Evidence from Bern," 2018.
- “The Elasticity of Taxable Wealth: Evidence from Switzerland," 2017, with Marius Brülhart, Jonathan Gruber and Kurt Schmidheiny.
- “Wage and Employment Dynamics: The Role of Occupational Skills," 2018, with Esther-Mirjam Girsberger and Miriam Rinawi.
- Dr. rer. pol. (Ph.D. in Economics), University of Konstanz, 2012
- Diplom-Volkswirt, University of Konstanz, 2007
- Visiting Student, Université du Québec à Montréal and McGill University, 2004-2005
- Applied Econometrics
- Economic Policy
- Personnel Economics