- Jones, Ronald W. and Rolf Weder (2017, Eds), 200 Years of Ricardian Trade Theory. Challenges of Globalization, Cham: Springer International.
- „Trade in Variety and Domestic Production: Evidence from U.S. Manufacturing“, Canadian Journal of Economics, 2016, 49, 4, 1631-1657 (with Ulf Lewrick and Lukas Mohler).
- Weder, Rolf, and Beat Spirig. 2008. "To Wait or Not to Wait: Swiss EU-Membership as an Investment Under Uncertainty" Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics, 144, 1, 85-114.
- Weder, Rolf, and Michael Benarroch. 2006. "Intra-Industry Trade in Intermediates, Pollution and Internationally Increasing Returns" Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2006, 52, 675-689.
- Weder, Rolf, and Nicolas Schmitt. 1998. "Sunk Costs and Cartel Formation: Theory and Application to the Dyestuff Industry" Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 36 (August), 197-220.
- Weder, Rolf, and Michael Dewald. 1996. "Comparative Advantage and Bilateral Foreign Aid Policy" World Development, 24, 3, 549-556.
- Weder, Rolf. 1995. "Linking Absolute and Comparative Advantage to Intra-Industry Trade Theory" Review of International Economics, 3, 3, 342-354.
- born 1960 and grown up in the Canton Appenzell (AR)
- 1985 - 1987: Investment Project Officer in the "Planning and Control" Department of the Dyestuff Division, Ciba-Geigy Ltd., Basel (Switzerland)
- 1987 – 1989: Research Assistant of Prof. Silvio Borner, Department of Economics, University of Basel (Switzerland)
- 1989 – 1991: Research Fellow at the Departement of Economics, University of Basel (Switzerland)
- 1991 – 1993: Postdoctoral Fellow and Lecturer at the Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University (SFU), Burnaby (Canada); research for two full academic years and teaching for one term (at the end)
- 1993 – 1996: Senior Research Fellow, Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Basel (Switzerland)
- 1996 – 1998: Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Economics, University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver (Canada); teaching and research for two full academic years.
- 1998 – 2000: Internal Education & Training, UBS Wealth Management, Zurich (on a part-time basis until 2004)
- 2007: Visiting Faculty at University of Winnipeg, University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University (Canada); sabbatical leave in spring 2007
- 2012: Visiting Faculty at Simon Fraser University and University of British Columbia, sabbatical leave in autumn 2012
- 2016 Visiting Faculty at Georgetown University, University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University, sabbatical leave in spring 2016
- Dean of Studies at the Department of Economics, University of Basel (2004 -2015)
Thursday 16-17 (during term); room 4.50 or by appointment via e-mail.