Prof. Dr. Christian Kleiber
- Statistical distributions
- Size distributions in economics and related fields (distributions of income and wealth, actuarial losses, firm sizes, city sizes, ...)
- Income distribution and inequality measurement
- Stochastic orders and their applications
- Data science
- Count data, especially regression models
- Time series analysis
- Econometric and statistical computing
- Reproducible empirical and computational research
- History of statistics and econometrics
- Econometric Society
- German Statistical Society (DStatG)
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC)
- Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SGVS)
- Swiss Statistical Society (SSS)
- Verein für Socialpolitik (VfS, Economics Association of the German-Language Countries)
Office hours: by appointment
Statistical terminology in popular culture
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
H.P. Lovecraft: The Call of Cthulhu, 1926.
Kleiber, Christian, and Achim Zeileis. 2016. "Visualizing count data regressions using rootograms", The American Statistician, 70(3), 296-303.
Kleiber, Christian. 2014. "The generalized lognormal distribution and the Stieltjes moment problem." Journal of Theoretical Probability, 27(4), 1167-1177.
Kleiber, Christian, and Jordan Stoyanov. 2013. "Multivariate distributions and the moment problem." Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 113, 7-18.
Bossmann, Martin, Christian Kleiber, and Klaus Wälde. 2007. "Bequests, taxation, and the distribution of wealth in a general equilibrium model." Journal of Public Economics, 91, 1247-1271.
Kleiber, Christian, and Samuel Kotz. 2003. Statistical Size Distributions in Economics and Actuarial Sciences. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken NJ.